The RailsBridge board has two open seats! We’re looking for experienced RailsBridge volunteers outside of the SF Bay Area to join the board for a two-year term. If you’re interested in joining or want to nominate someone, send us an email at email@example.com.
We’ve also written a the RailsBridge board charter and published it on our board repo. It’s pretty short, and it covers things like the responsibilities of the board & board members, board communications, and procedures for filling board vacancies.
If you’re considering nominating yourself or someone else to the board, here are the responsibilities of RailsBridge board members:
- Serve on the board for a 2 year term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Serve on at least one RailsBridge team or committee (i.e. finance, communications, geographic expansion, operations)
- Board members should expect to do 15-20 hours of RailsBridge work per month, depending on the board member’s responsibilities
- Recruit new committee and board members
- Attend two RailsBridge workshops per year
And here are the guidelines for board candidates:
- Nominees should be current or former RailsBridge volunteers.
- Nominees should have at least six months of involvement with RailsBridge.
- Nominees with prior leadership experience within their chapter or in the larger RailsBridge organization will be preferred.
We hope to have the two vacancies filled by the end of April, so send us your nominations!
We’d also love to hear any feedback, questions, or suggestions you have about the board charter — you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or open an issue on the board’s GitHub repo.